Random Ramble

Sepiabird


There are so many things I could talk about, so I'll try to gather them all here, bare with me! First, in the weekend, I met up with Dear and Sugar and talked doll-stuffs, among other things. Valentine got his new laptop and I've been busy configuring my user account and playing Minesweeper :D Then there were the VMAs, which I stayed up to watch (in disappointment) and I had a day off from work yesterday to recover from that sleep deprivation. Took Lexy out for a photoshoot on Monday too, but didn't yet have time to edit the photos, hence an older picture of Phoenix on the top.



Well, we'll start from the mini-meet @ Dear's place. No pictures taken there, sadly, since I had to decide between taking more dolls or the camera with me. And since I couldn't decide between my little dolls I took all three of them. As well as Phoenix and Nigel. They were a bit heavy all together, but the Volks bag I got with Kun is a good carrier for them. This time it was Sugar who had packed lightly, only taking Mirella with her. And of course all of Dear's dolls were there, but we kinda spoiled Renate and Ebony the most. Although Bleu was really, really cute in his new wig! I need to snap a photo of him sometime in the future where that little doll, my camera and I will all be in the same place.

As well as squeeing about each other's dolls, we talked a lot, about dolls, my trip and other things. There's been some drama in our local doll forum and we had a good head-shake/laugh about that. And we of course talked about what doll plans we had going on or doll-dreams that were still lurking at the backs of our minds. None of us has any incoming dolls atm, which is something new :D Accessories don't count although I don't think we have a big waiting list there either. I know I only have Fenny's eyes + the new CK hoodies coming in.

The treats I got for both of them from Tokyo appeared not to be chewing gums after all, but real candies :D But they seemed to be quite edible. As were the mini-pizzas Dear had made. She always seems to bake something when we visit, and I won't stop her!

On Sunday we went to rent some movies with Valentine and we splurged on some B&J as well. My current fav is Chunky Monkey, although that Strawberry Cheesecake is always creeping on my mind when I see that jar. We rented three movies, of varying quality.

First up we watched Cloud Atlas, a very confusing but well-made film that got better every minute of it. I had so much fun trying to spot the same actors doing varying roles. I missed a lot of them though! I so did not recognize Hugh Grant under his make-up as the future savage. Also the-guy-who-played-Q-in-Skyfall, didn't spot him in anything other than his main role as Robert... And that's too bad, since th eactor is really cute! Still can't remember his name though. He'll forever be just Q for me :D (I'm sorry, Ben Wishaw!) Anyway, Cloud Atlas is definitely worth watching, if you have a few hours of utter concentration to spare.

Next up was The Flight, which was okeyish, but not that good imo. It did a good job of portraying a main character that wasn't at all likeabe though. That was a bit refreshing.

I chose Silver Linings Playbook as my movie pick. Your basic romantic drama setting and plot, with good acting by both Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper and a nice refreshing twist of both of their characters being nuts. Nice basic movie to watch, but nothing too special. Some plot twists were a bit too underlined whereas some trivial character-relationships got me very confused. Still, worth it.

On top of the movies, I also stayed up very late to watch VMA 2013, which was a huge disappointement. Gaga did a good act, although her performance of Paparazzi years ago is still clearly her best yet! Katy Perry also did a good performance of her Roar single, but everything in between was pretty much meh, except for Timberlake who's show was excellent and kept me watching. The show was scheduled to air from 3am to 4:50am, but as the pre-show was still on by 3:50, I was pretty sure the timing was off... Gaga's Applause came on 4:15am and I finally got to bed by 6am. In the between, the show had 5min commercial breaks every ten minutes or so! Commercial breaks so long that they actually played music videos then! Like what the hell?! All of them weren't even nominated videos. I really should have just kept Awkward ready on the laptop so I could have watched a few episodes of that while the VMAs were being borin on the TV.

Speaking of Awkward, it's still the funniest teen drama/comedy I know currently. I finally managed to watch the last few episodes of season 2 from MTV's website and went straight onto season 3. Now I gotta find the time to finish that since there's a new season coming in :)

But I just didn't have energy to play with proxy servers anymore on Monday when I finally got up after noon. I played around with the new laptop that I mentioned we got, actually last week, but I couldn't pry it off Valentine's finger until now. It helped that he was in work and I was at home :D We had a bit of a brainstorming figuring out a name for it, but then Valentine got the perfect one: EDI. Our main PC is called HAL and my mini-laptops are REI, so EDI fits in very nicely :3

And the best thing about EDI and it's annoyingly unintuitive Win8 OS is the new Minesweeper. It has trophies! And adventure game version. And daily changing challenge modes. And trophies! And coins! And trophies!! In Minesweeper! :D I loved this game way back in Win95. I also played Nonosweeper when our XP didn't have Minesweeper. But now I've got the real thing again, it's soo cool...

And now I'm off to play some more of it :D

Kommentit

  1. I admit, I just LOVE to bake something when I have more bellies to fill than just my own. It sucks to bake or cook for just one person, so I really enjoy when I have some guests over <3

    And the candies were so good *__* at first they tasted sour and then so sweet, yummy! You have to go back there and get some more~

    VastaaPoista
  2. I'll use that as an argument to convince Valentine of a new trip then XD As in nevermind all the skirts I'd want, but Dearest needs more candy! :D

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit