Psy-Ai-Ai

Psy-ai-ai!


Oh, Nigel, you always look so darn adorable in photos, even with the dreaded Psyduck-pose (thanks to Dear, I can't think of anything else). This doll has also been a bit neglected, but I still love him to bits (some badly-made pun might be found there, and it's intended ;) )! And yes, Nikki has gotten new clothes. This shirt and vest are from Angell Studio and I'm very pleased with their quality. The vest came with spare buttons :D There are still pieces I want to get from AS so I might place a new order once I've settled my account on this balcony renovation. We still haven't gotten the bill for that...



But making a slight leap from the Psyduck-pose to psychology, I read about MBTI personality types from Sugar's blog and went on to investigate it some more. I'm sad to say that at one point I actually wanted to become a psychiatrist and didn't now what MBTI meant XD Or maybe I just chose my studies and career a bit better?

Anyway, after reading up on those confusing four-letter initialisms I did a few online tests to find some guideline to my own personality type.

Scored very highly on Introversy. No surprise there, I'm not a people person and I love to be by myself, or with very few selected people, preferably one at a time.

Feeling was also pretty dominant to it's counterpart (Thinking). I like to make jokes about how I see myself as an empath with no way to really console others, maybe it's my introverted feeling?

Judgement also came up at the top against Perception, but only slightly in both the tests I did. Though the trait of planning beforehand and meeting deadlines does describe me pretty well...

What was really on the edge was Sensing vs. Intuition. Scored one on one test and the other on the other one. Abstract or concrete? Details over the big picture? Possibilities over realities? These were the toughest questions for me to answer... But Intuition won in the end, because I noticed that I started to look at the bigger picture of the personality types as a whole, and the INFJ just clicked better than the Nurturer of ISFJ. :D

There was some lines written about INFJs that made me LOL, like: "INFJs have been mistaken for extroverts, as they tend to possess multiple personalities due to their complex inner life; however, they are true introverts." You'd have to know though, that it's a family joke of ours that I have a three-way split personality. Not really though, but I had them all named and relied on each on certain situations where my emotions would otherwise get the better of me.

Now these are actually more spot-on (and not just because of a funny side-note of my life): "They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives." This trait is a nightmare for my boss, who calls me a 'challenging' employee. I also get easily frustrated when the 'best system' is not taken into immediate use, but instead they keep on using the old traditional ways.

"They are usually right, and they usually know it." Valentine hates this. I don't know why, but I very rarely am wrong. Except in Trivial Pursuit, where I lose every time. But thenagain TP doesn't use intuitive problem solving, but rather knowledge of details. And the funny thing is, that I also have a good memory of detail. Too bad it only works for details that even TP doesn't need XD

However, there are also some things that don't really scream 'me': "Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else." True, I usually know I'm right, but I don't really have the courage to go for that instinct. If someone questions me, I tend to give in, since I can't offer anything solid for th basis of my knowledge. Thenagain: "They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well." *shrug*

And this is so... "They make loving parents and usually have strong bonds with their offspring." Ha! I don't think so...

Personality tests are fun, but like here, it only takes a few questions answered a bit differently depending on the mood to flip the scales. I now these types are stereotypes and not suposed to fully represent people who 'belong' to each type, but still. I do them mostly for fun that for serious introspect :) Besides, someone else might very well preceive me very differently. I might perceive myself very differently, be it some other day, in another mood. And I read that only a 1-2% of population are INFJs, I don't think I'm that special. Or psychic... ;)

Sources:

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INFJ

Kommentit

  1. Awww, Nigel! The clothes fit him just right! Now I want some for my boys from Angell Studio too! >__<

    After I saw your result from the MBTI test I had to redo it (I took it couple of days ago when Sugar linked it to me). And no, my result didn't change; I'm INFJ too! xD

    VastaaPoista
  2. Well the two of us do have many very similar personality traits :)

    And I think your boys would look good in AS clothes, their 70cm size is quite big but slim on the tops. But I think that you too need to pass on the pants. Nigel swam in them, but they fit Sugar's Tico just fine.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit