Confessing to a Teddybear

Confessions to a Bear 6

Nuu... Nu-nuu-u!

I was just going to snap a few pictures of Nuu, since I hadn't done so in ages, but then I just went from one pose to another and voila, I have a full photoshoot! It's also rare for me to take landscape oriented photos, but this set has two of those. I really should work on taking more of those, to push my photography boundaries if nothing else.

Confessions to a Bear 1

Anyway, it seems I've given Nuu the same soft spot for teddybears as I have myself... I never really collected them, but there's a full shelf of them in our apartement, although a bit hidden and high up. My favourite one of them is Miss Cuddelsworth (named by Valentine!) a white-speckled-with-pink bear that Valentine brought me from Belfast as a souvenir.
Confessions to a Bear 2

Confession from me: when I was small I was often thinking up stories with my toys and stuffed animals, or little conversations. I didn't have an imaginary friend (that I remember or that my parents had mentioned), but every one of my possessions had a name and I had some sort of feel of their 'personality'. I think this has now transferred to dolls in some measure XD
Confessions to a Bear 3

And like I now can't leave my dolls out in an awkward pose, I took care of my toys when I was little. And I was heart-broken if something happened to them. I still remember that day when I decided to trim the tail of one of my MLPs very short, and then realised that it'd be ruined forever. And if we didn't need a way to tell my sister's and my MLPs apart, I would have refused to mark their hoovs with initials. A bit of a collector back then as well...
Confessions to a Bear 4

That ruined forever part was quite strong in me. If a toy was even slightly broken or it had a dent or something, I just couldn't look at it the same way anymore. And they usually ended up gathering dust in a toy box since I couldn't look at them anymore. But I couldn't throw them away! I was and still am very sentimental about my things. I couldn't just throw my stuffed bears away, even though I don't even look at them most days. It's a marvel that I haven't ended up a packrat XD But thenagain I also appreciate empty spaces too much. That and manageable collections.
Confessions to a Bear 5

I used to think about start collecting bunch of different things: coins, cute plastic bags, stamps etc. But in the end it always ended with me realising that I could never finish the collection as there were a neverending amount of collectables in those categories. My obsessiveness demands that if I collect something, I gotta catch'em all! :D That's why I've migrated into 'collecting' these ornaments: figures, dolls and nendos. I don't need them all, just the very good ones. And the dolls are marvellous in that they can't really be ruined. They can always be fixed.

I guess the teddybears were the first this kind of thing I had and now they are relics of years past. Still like having them around, although maybe I should start to give them away now that I know people with kids. Kids might have more use for them...

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit