New face and a New doll

Dollzone Joe


I'm not getting too many comissions for my face-ups, but I seem to be getting more and more interesting ones :) This time I was asked to do a freckled sad boy with serious rashes after a few very good reference pictures. It was really fun to blush :D

On a new-doll front, I just read the most dreaded news from Volks... They are apparently re-releasing Lieselotte and Charlotte, who are both on my top 5 Volks doll list. There'll no doubt be a AE lottery for them, but I don't know when it is. And now I'm fretting this way and that about Kun/Lieselotte/Charlotte!



I mean, I know it isn't really set in stone that Volks will even have Kun in stock when we go to Japan. So I might not get that one either. But since both Lieselotte and Charlotte are very popular (and have high after market prices) I have an even slimmer chance to get one of those by lottery. Could lightning strike twice for me? After getting Lorina, who might be even more wanted than Lies/Char? :D

Darnit, I love Lies with her teeny teeth and kissy mouth but she'd apparently be white, which I'm not that fond of. At first I loved her muhc more than Charlotte, because of my thing for open mouths... But with every new doll, I'm getting more and more over that, and I already have Lorina and maybe their mouths would be too similar.

So eventually Charlotte took the top spot from Lieselotte. But I read that only Lies will be offered with the SD swarikko body (with the svivel thighs that I'd love!) where as Charly would be regular SD10 (like Yuf). Why only Lies would have swarikko, I have no idea...

Funny thing though, if they'd offer Charly with the small chest SDGr, I'd have no question of entering that lottery! Although I wouldn't know how to arrange my doll bodies then XD I would like the small chest for Eiko, but I can't have Phoenix in the large bust SDGr since he was supposed to be a boy! And Yuffie really shouldn't have bigger cup than Eiko...

And still, I love Kun too! That sculpt has a wider mouth than Charly/Lies, which would work better for an attended boy. But thenagain I really love that tiny pucker of Charly, it's her sweetest feature. And all the boy-Charlottes I've seen on Flicker are gorgeous! Maybe a little too spunky to look like the Phoenix I was imagining, but it's really all in the shape of the eyebrows... And there's one picture I found with Charlotte next to Souseiseki and they looked very porpotional, which is good.

All in all though, Kun has a softer face. And that one Kun boy in Flickr is also so gorgeous (and immediately reminds me of Feniksu). ;__; I want to now when the lottery application is! If I can't get a Kun from Japan, then I could definitely try for Charlotte.

And now my music player is playing Fall Out Boy's song Phoenix for me XD

And this post was just all over the place, just like my thoughts as they spiral around what Volks doll to get...

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit