Kanji to GEEMU desu

Contemplative Chaos


Hmmm... Once I rule these lands, that tree definitely has to go. It's blocking my view!

While Fyrd contemplates on his schemes to destroy all that is good, I'm spending my time cramming Japanese into my head. I finally got around to buy a course book and now I'm trying to review the lessons in the short time left until our trip. Some 150 Kanji to remember, nevermind all the vocabulary that I've totally forgotten in these years since university... My biggest hurdle is mastering those Japanese connectors as I'm not that good with particles in English either.



I've got to read a lesson a day if I want to go through the whole book before August. And I've got the distraction of Last of Us always present. I'm busy playing Factions, already finished the playthrough with Hunters, now it's the Fireflies' turn. It's just mad how much I like that game. I've never been too keen on Online gaming, let alone playing a shooting game. I'm still not that good at it, but I can crape pretty decent points when playing with a medic-type skill set. Only way I ever manage to kill another player is by throwing molotovs at them, or at times setting up traps with bombs. My aim is terrible with any of the guns and I'm way too slow with them to excel. But if I keep with the team I can heal them up and revive them as they take all the hits.

I've also encountered other Finns on the servers. I haven't used our headset, but there was this one time I was really, really tempted to. Actually I would have used it if only the battery hadn't been drained. The game is played with four-man teams and there were two Finnish guys in my team (the fourth might have been Finnish, but his/her nick didn't give it away) who were talking via headsets. It sounded so fun, they could plan out their attacks and who got the executions, coordinate their movement etc. And once they noticed my (well, Valentine's and mine) PS nick they laughed out loud since they immediately recognized that I had to be from Finland as well (the nick is a Finnish word that no one could really come up with otherwise). Our team also rocked! And slaughtered the other team. It would have been fun to continue playing with them, but I think it took me too long to choose my next mission objective that I was kicked out of their game server...

I've noticed though, that Finns tend to have a more ninjaish game style. They often work well as a group, stalk the other team members and snipe them out one by one (or surround them to wipe them out all at once). And whenever the team moves together, it's so much easier to stay alive and save those precious respawns. Damn, now I want to play some more! :D

Soshite, mata ne~~! <3

Kommentit

  1. Good luck with kanjis, I hope you can pull the lessons trough! It will make the trip easier! x3

    I have to admit, I didn't like online gaming until I came "adult", I dunno, silly how you can grow to it at some point. O.o; But well, if the game is good, why not! :D And it always rocks to find a good team! x3

    VastaaPoista
  2. So far I should be able to recognise a station or a bank... So good for transportation and getting money, I suppose? ;)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit