DOLUto kouenni ikimashita

Devil of the Woods


Went to a park with dolls

We had a doll-meet last week-end and since it's still summer and all, it was a picnic-meet. I took and Fyrd and Hani with me and went to talk some dolly stuff with fellow hobbyists. Out of all my dolls, Fyrd seems to look the best in outdoor shoots. It's probably all that red put against a green background :D

We talked other than dolls too and I managed to talk in crippled Finnish the whole after-noon XD I've spent the last few weeks studying Japanese on a daily basis so that language is pretty much filling my brains... When I think on menial things, I tend to try to form the sentences in Japanese. And when we were at the international market with Valentine on Friday, I was this close to ordering my stuff in Japanese from an Italian vendor XD Ciao and Grazie to him too!


Lost in Woods


Although Hani - for some reason - also looks good, albeit always lost in greenery. But it's her charm :3

With all the language studies and LoU gaming, I haven't had much time for my dolls, which saddens me a bit, especially since if I get that Kun next month, there'll be even more to share my attention. And Valentine is pestering me about starting that Tomb Raider game too... But I'll just have to grab a little one too to pose on the table while whacking away with games.

Meet Photos


Alright, a confession:

I'm a bad person in the way that I don't want to take photos of all the dolls at meets I go to, no matter how polite it'd be. If I just don't like a particular doll, I don't feel inspired to take photos of it. And I just don't want to snap random snapshots all around, I want the doll to have a nice (uncluttered) background and some thought put into the pose and shit.

Having said that, I'm glad I got to take a photo of the above doll, AS Cinderella named Linnea. She belongs to Arachlia, one of the very first doll-people I've met. I've loved Linnea from the first time I saw this doll and she's still a darling! That fluffy hair is <3

Meet Photos


Also took pictures of Tiirikka's new girl: Mirella, a Dollmore Judith Zinna tan. She looks harsh in person, but is actually a nice model to photograph. And Sugar has done a good job with her styling, the blues look very good on her ashy tan.

Kommentit

  1. If it means anything, I don' t think you are a bad person at all. :3 We all have little different tastes, and you just can't love every doll you see, some just feel more inviting than others. And you clearly enjoy taking pictures to make things look pretty, not for lulz or simple documentation of something that happened, but actual, can I even say artistic pictures. ^^ You do take the photos for your own enjoyment, after all, so why not take pictures that actually amuse you.

    And I think that pics you got from Mirella are gorgeus. ;w; They make me happy! x3 She easily looks like she is telling people to "F*ck off" or "Oh really, smart*ss?" xD She is definately rudest looking doll I got, others being all fluffy and sweet. I got to try to take a presentable pic from her as her leather jacket arrives. ^^;

    VastaaPoista
  2. I want to see her in leather too :)

    But thanks for making me feel a bit better about myself and my selective photography. Although I think that the owners of the dolls I disregard might feel a bit differently about me ;)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit