Redone and improved

Oldrose -Redo-


So a while back I was asking opinions of what photos of mine I should redo. Sugar suggested the Oldrose photo, which is one of my oldest ones. It used to be one of my favourites, I was so proud of that blur effect taken with a camera phone. But, it's now a bit outdated and hence a perfect victim for a redo.


Oldrose


Although about the same composition, you can clearly see the differences, no? XD And think, the photos are a little over three years apart...

The composition is a bit more balanced in the new photo. I've tried to follow the rules of the thirds in my newer photos and I think the rose looks better when slightly more to the left, instead of  in the middle of the photo. Also, with Hippu cutting along the rightside line of a third, it gives a better focus on his gaze.

Hippu looks very different. With the dark background, his new white/turquoise styling pops out better than his old black/pink. Also, blues compliment the yellow rose better, I think.

The Oldrose photo was taken right before Nuu arrived. It showed Hippu, waiting for this mysterious new little lady with a rose to give as a gift for her. I edited a few different photos of that shoot, but I think this one most captured the essence of the idea: Hippu just waiting patiently there, looking far beyond the borders of the photo, looking for that first glimpse of Nuu, listening the first chime of her bell. And I think that this is better conveyed in the new photo.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit