Re-Tryouts

bored little elf

Nothing mind-boggling to blog about, but I've got nothing else to do now that Valentine hogged out computer at yet another attempt to play Rome Total War. Thenagain, I was only going to edit some photos, which I would then link to the blog... Anyway, there's more Fyrd and Eiko coming up!



Well now that I'm at it, I might as well chatter a bit about the Red One. When he first arrived, I was so worried he wouldn't work out. That the doll wouldn't look as good as I wanted and I'd have to resell him soon. The sculpt had some issues, I was worried I wasn't going to get the face-up right... Then there was the chest modding, which was the biggest mod job I've done to a doll so far. And when I got those worked out, I tried on the things I had bought him, and nothing looked good. He just looked too off, too masculine and not the bishounen boy I was looking for.

I eventually found an outfit he looked ok in and the red fur wig was working out. And since that was supposed to be his default wig, I was happy that at least he had one look that suited him and looked Fyrdish.

Now that I've had him for a while, I'm slowly retrying the other stuff I have for him. Although he still looks best in casual clothes, it appears that I could make him wear something frilly as well.

I've already used the full DollHeart evolution fer (beige) on him, with the long curly limited wig from Leeke. A funny alternate look :D I love the fer's coat and I think that is the item I'll use most of the set. But the important thing was that I used the Leeke wig! I bought three of those for him and when I first tried them on, they all looked horrible! I was a bit heart-broken since then I'd have to sell them all, although I love the colour so much. But now at least one of them was usable.

Now I got bored with the fer set as it was and first thing I did was to change his hair. I retried a short Leeke wig on him and now it looked ok. I trimmed it a bit, fiddled around with the positioning and now I think that this one might be a keeper as well :D Yey! Only one more wig to go...

And now I switched his clothes, but kept the fer coat and you can see it in the picture above. He now wears his star-shirt (the only one without a hood, so it works best with the hooded fer coat) and Alex's pants. Those loose cargos are so cute on him! <3 Once my finances give leeway, I must do another order to Tata's and buy a pair for Fyrd, in brown. I also need a few other pairs of boy's pants, currently my trio has just three pants :D And since I really like to redress my dolls somewhat frequently, they need more options...

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit