Herpyderp-day

Eiko's Spring 1


I might be smart by some standards, but today was really not my finest... I just hope that I would be as cute as Eiko to make up for it! Anyway, I'll start at the beginning:

Valentine and myself have now restarted our training since the snow melted and all. We don't usually go runnng together since our paces are so different, but today we did so anyway, at our own paces :D (Meaning, Valentine did three laps around our regular jogging track, trying to catch up to me as I only did two.) When we got back home, the first odd thing was that our building door was locked. No matter, we got the key, got inside and then I try to call the elevator, but it isn't working. I was frowning at this when Valentine noted that the power must be out since there wasn't any light in the hallway either. Only after he said did I connect the dots with the electric lock, electric elevator and the dimness :D



So, after climbing the stairs back to our apartment, we find out that actually the power is out in the whole part of town. So now we must figure out something to do that isn't watching TV, a DVD, playing PS3, editing photos or typing stories (yes, the laptop still had power, but now that I have transferred all my things to Google Drive I couldn't access them since our modem was out...).

So, with the power out for a few hours it really occured to us how much we miss it :D and how difficult it was to adapt to being without it. Here are one of my 'genious' thoughts:

"So, I can't make tea, since the water boiler won't work... I just have to do this the hard way with a kettle." Nope, then I realised that the kettle needs the use of the stove, which is electric and won't work either...

And my 'genious' way of noting how the power got back on:

"Oh look, the spare phone that has sat there charging just beeped that it is fully charged. Nice! Now if the power runs out of my own phone I can just switch sim-cards :D" No, wait...  If the phone just charged itself, that means that there is power and I can just charge my own phone...

Seriously, I give myself too much credit at times...

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit