Even Yuffie Sneers At You

Aubergine


I wake up today, see notes about a change on Flickr on FB and then when I go over there, it looks different with all these hate-pics all over my front page. What has changed? In stead of seeing my own recent activity, I see my contact's photos in large (with my own photos activity in the gaps there, in linear order), my own photos have a black background,  and everything can be found from simple dropmenus from the top (where they were before as well, but I only used them for very specific links, which weren't anywhere else).

And now there are users quitting Flickr, spamming my wall with their 'I hate this so muuuch!!" photos and just mainly complaining all over the place. Over a layout. Honestly. I got this kind of a reaction when our government made a decision to charge everyone a 'media tax' nevermind if you used governed media or not, or when the bill for equal marriages was dragged on in the parliament. Or when the konservative right wing party was winning the election, never mind what kind of hateful/racist/phobic messages their candidates were publishing. Or when my employer announced a new bonus system that will cut our salary thousands of euros annually. But over a website layout? No.



I understand the people who are complaining about bugs with the new system. Bugs are irritating, but since they do not appear to everyone (my Flickr works perfectly, I have no issues with Sets showing properly or there being any banners blocking my upload button), they seem to be fixable, or are caused by the user's browser or browser settings. But bugs should be reported, not screamed about to some other random Flickr users.

But what I don't understand are the people throwing a fit over how the new collage-style doesn't fit their aesthetics or how they hate the black backgrounds. Myself I found the old version a bit too plain, it didn't really give the pictures the 'oomph' they deserved. Sorry, but your photos just look better on black. And I want to see your photos in their best. There was a reason some contacts I have asked that some of their pictures be viewed in the lightbox (a Flickr view-mode where the background is black). Except that the lightbox was tiresome as hell to use, since my browser always lagged. Now, I don't have to worry about it, since the photos already are nicely on display.

And I have to say, that although I thought that the new version with all the photos on display at once would really put pressure on my hardware, the page actually loads faster now. Making it smoother for me to view your photos. also, since I can favourite and comment on photos right there on the front page, I don't have to click and backtrack as much.

And speaking of that, there was one girl complaining about how now we have to scroll everywhere and do much more clicking. Like the comments are under the picture and you have to scroll there?! Sorry hun, the comments are right where they were all the time :D Sure, it only shows the very recent comments by default, but that is actually mostly cool, since usually the comments are all the same 'ooh, how cute your doll is kawaidesunee' one after the other. And it takes one click to see all the rest. How many calories is that, really?

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit