Welcome Red One!

Welcome Fyrd!

Excellent... *grin*

I was so nervous about this guy. He fought against me every step of the process of getting him, but now he's finally done. First the dealer quit dealing LM dolls, then there was the hassle with the customs/post... The face-up itself was pretty straightforward to do and luckily I had judged Demetri's sculpt right and he could be painted as a mischievous character. Then there was the fiasco of sanding the boobs off his girl body. Yeah, I hadn't really thought that one through and only had really fine sand paper here. And you can guess that it didn't do anything to the two lumps of resin I wanted to get rid of. Well, we got some grainier sand paper from Valentine's father and I spent last night sanding until my fingers were numb. Pretty satisfied with the result. He doen't have nipples (which I hate anyway, since they look awful through clothes), but the chest looks pretty natural to me.


Welcome Fyrd!

And when the sanding was done, I grabbed everything I had bought for him and started to dress him. And he looked terrible :( All the fiber wigs just looked awful. In the end Demetri doesn't look androgynous enough to pass as a girl. In the long wigs he looked like a transvestite (where as Fyrd should look very feminine as Shara) and the one short one had bangs of doom. The frilly clothes didn't work out at all, he just looked so off! I was almost ready to give up, chalk this up as a failure, but then I tried on the hoodie that Nigel wore as well. That hoodie was supposed to be for an alternate look and not something that Fyrd would be wearing usually. But once I got it on him, it just clicked. Maybe it's because the hoodie looked a bit like a very casual version of the suit I always draw on Fyrd? Anyway, it looked good! Then I dressed Alex's shirt under the hoodie and it looked even better. So no, Fyrd is not going to be my frilly boy. He'll be wearing casual like the other SDs... I need some pants and brown shoes for this boy, asap. The pumpkin shorts are cute, but don't really work. As a temporary solution I even dressed him in Alex's school pants, but the tartan is just too funny XD

Welcome Fyrd!

On a more positive note, I like his posing! The LM body was strung very tight and he can easily stand in the Nine9 shoes that Yuffie falls over wearing. I actually have his high heels feet on and still he stands like a rock. The svivel thighs are good and the torso just as lovely as is Alex's. Even the elbows work. It's the same principle than with the male body Alex has, but these actually hold their lock. It's still a bit frustrating getting them to the narrow angle pose, but once locked, they hold pretty well. The neck joint doesn't have much range though.

Welcome Fyrd!

^ A better look of the face-up. and details below:
Little Monica Demetri

Welcome Fyrd!

Now Fyrd will bow out for a while. But spammage might be on its way XD

Kommentit

  1. That sneer.. The expression is pretty much exactly what I imagined. I can feel my blood pressure rising. :D

    VastaaPoista
  2. The grin is <3 So is having characters who raise the blood preassure of players :D

    The trouble of finding the perfect sculpt for this character was in the smirk. I needed a wide mouth with a distinct smile, but not too happy. I would have preferred a slightly open mouth, but couldn't really find any that wouldn't risk making him look too much like a maniac. Only thing that is a bit off in this sculpt is that the eyes are a bit droopy by the outer corners. I always draw Fyrd's eyes to be slanted. But it can be faked a little with correct photo angles and the mouth was the deciding factor here. Also, finding the just right features in a single doll is pretty much impossible :D

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit