The 18-year-old Vixen

Taffee


Ok... I don't know what is up with our postal system, but Fyrd is still stuck at customs... I paid the taxes at Sathurday, at the same time as I paid them for the AP dress arriving from Japan. Both are said to have been forwarded to post by customs (that's their status on customs' page). The dress is now here. Fyrd is not. :( So instead of squeeing about my SD-sized redhead, I'll give you a post about another redhead, Taffee:

Technically she'll be 19 when our break in game time has ended, but she'll achieve this look well before her 19th birthday. Anyway, I think I've mentioned Taffee, my Trickster character that I play in the RuneQuest campaign Valentine is GMing for His Friend, Darling and myself. She started out as a 16-year-old girl who wanted to see the world and explore the dens of Trickster scattered around. With her, she had her childhood friend Malkus and an odd elf named Kinley. And what is she now? I'll let her tell you herself:



What is your full name and its origins? What about any nicknames?
- The name's Trafalgar, but most call me Taffee. I'm also called Taffee Sharptongue, and if you piss me off, you'll find out why!

Have you any claims to fame?
- *smirk* In my line of work, fame ain't actually that good a thing. But I've gained some anyway, both generally in the kingdom and amongst my own folk. Namely, I just happened to kill a demon who plagued the land with hordes of orcs and received gratitude of the king himself. *victorious pause* Oh, Malkus and Melkar helped a bit. And yeah, me and Mally (and that elf) purged a dungeon of a chaos cult. And we've slayed trolls and all that. Plenty of heroics all around.

How would you introduce yourself to someone who had never heard of you?
- I'd say: "Hey. I'm Taffee. How're you doing?" *lecherous grin* At least if they're cute.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- I dunno. I don't think I really cared that much. I still don't care. Maybe I wanted to be rich enough that I could really stop caring.

What was your most prized possession as a child? Do you still have it?
- *laughs* You know, I had this little doll made out of twigs and a rag. Darnit, I loved that doll. But no, since Rikki smashed it after finding it, I don't have it anymore.

What would you change about yourself, if you could?
- I think that brown eyes would make me look cuter. But other than that, not much.

What are you obsessed with?
- *another lecherous grin* ... Gold? *innocently*

What is your greatest achievement so far, or the high point of your career?
- Apart from killing the demon-wizard-warlord-thingy? At the moment I'm the highest ranking member of our little Den. I run the bar. Goddammit I hate it so much when those boys get drunk...

When/where were you happiest?
- When we beat the demon-warlord and it seemed that Mally forgave me about the little incident with the maid and the poisoned dagger.

And the lowest point in your life thus far?
- *with a very serious face* When those 'soldiers' tried to rape me. I got some consolation seeing them hanged, but still...

What was the best decision you ever made?
- Besides leaving that rathole of a hometown? And taking Mally with me? I dunno, I haven't made that many good decisions. But I like sleeping in the bed I've made. *smirk*

What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done while intoxicated?
- I'm never that drunk, but a while back I accidentally stole the papers to rule these lands from the army commander nobby. I left them there of course once I noticed it. I don't want the responsibility of ruling a nation!

What is your favourite joke?
- A man walks into this bar. And everyone looks at him like he's crazy. He arrives at the counter and the bartender asks him what would he want to drink. The man asks for water. Oh, and he has a duck on his head. Wait, I think I'm telling this wrong... Now I can't remember how it goes anymore. Ask Mally, he can tell you.

When did you last cry, and why?
- When Rikki broke my doll? I don't shed too many tears. Like the rape, or a gig not gone too well, or a party member dying, it only gets me angry, not sobbing.

Have you any vices?
- I think I have them all... No, I sleep around quite a bit and I can't keep my fingers off people's purses. A little less of the sleeping around nowadays though, and a bit more of the purses.

Do you regret anything?
- Not really no. Some things might have been better planned, but it all worked out in the end.

What is the best invention ever?
- Contraception.

How would you describe your relationship with your family?
- I don't really have any family. I was orphaned when I was really young. I think that these folk at the Drowning Duck are my family now and they're a nice bunch once I got to know them better. Irritating little pricks when they're too drunk, but at least I have some respect now.

What are you going to do when you've finished this interview?
- I think I'll go see if Mally has learned any new songs of my beauty *wink*

Kommentit

  1. "I dunno. I don’t think I really cared that much. I still don’t care. Maybe I wanted to be rich enough that I could really stop caring."

    Possibly the best goal in life ever. :D Taffy seems more than awesome. Maybe she is secretly related to certain pirate? xD

    VastaaPoista
  2. There's some similarities between Taffee and Elyze, but the rogue is way more ruthless than the swashbuckler. Elyze is, in the end, a good pirate. Taffee is not, in any way, a good person.

    And Elyze has goals :D She wants a new pirate ship, then a good crew to sail it and a little island of her own.

    Edit. Although when Elyze was growing up, she wanted to be a sheep herder. And then she found out what they really did (and not just cuddle with cute baby sheep) and chose piracy instead.

    VastaaPoista
  3. "What was the best decision you ever made?
    - Besides leaving that rathole of a hometown? And taking Mally with me?"

    Awwwwws. <3 <3

    Also, Taffee doing a joke cracked me up, totally. :D Malkus would just slowly and sadly shake his head at that, with a sort of resigned pity.

    VastaaPoista
  4. And that is exactly why it was such a good decision to hang onto Malkus. To make the jokes she cannot :D

    VastaaPoista
  5. Actually, I was just recently reminded of a certain PC of mine that is as close to Taffee as it gets. M.P. Lamura was just as ruthless as my little rogue and has gotten blood on her hands. Also, Merri rose in ranks in her chosen 'cult' (although in this case it was a corporation... souls were sold either way). There are differences: nowadays Taffee is strikingly good-looking on her own whereas Merri knows her make-up (and won't be seen without it). And Merri has her Frost to obsess about. Taffee doesn't have a scoundrel like that to pine over.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit