Little Cute Things

teddycharm

After fyrdifying a whole lot of things around here I should remind people that I do actually still prefer pastels and teddy bears myself :D Fyrd is harshly red/green/brown, but if I had my way, this place would be mint and pink. And brown. But not that rusty red brown that Fyrd prefers, but sweet chocolate brown. I don't know whether all this dieting has made me want to surround myself with sweet colours to make up for all the sugar I'm not eating anymore or what. What I do know is that once Valentine leaves this Saturday to watch sports with his Colleague, I'll be treating myself to some mudcake, B&J and perhaps some Disney. Or perhaps some Fenris...



Also, I've spent an exponentially increasing amount of time with my new cell phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII mini, named Milky Chocolate :3 The interface is so smooth compared to my previous mini and Valentine's Galaxy S (first), everything just... works! The widgets are actually useful and there're tons of little things that I didn't even think I'd need before they're now necessary. Like the ability to quickly switch between vibrate and total silent.

But the best thing about it is Google. I never before thought much about cloud services. But now I have all my contacts saved with Google, which means that I won't have to tear out my hair when switching phones and redoing all my favourites and such. Google has also automatically saved my bookmarks from the Chrome I use on Rei (and if I save a new bookmark on any device, it is used on any other device with my Google account as well). And uploaded them to my phone. :D And of course there's the integration of my Google Calendar to my phone's calendar, never mind Gmail/Talk etc. I love all of it! Too bad I never figured any use for Google+ though...

Kommentit

  1. Mint and baby-pink are precisely what I think of as your colors. :)

    I wholeheartedly agree on the usefulness of cloud services. I'm seriously considering switching from Firefox to Chrome (haven't yet, because Firefox has better add-ons) due to them. Especially with a laptop, iPad and phone all connected to the clouds. :P

    I'm also seriously considering robbing a bank and buying that very same phone, since it mostly fulfills my technical and size criteria. And doesn't look too bad either. :D

    VastaaPoista
  2. I'm sure the price will go down and you might have some money left over from work, right? And I forgot to add the neat little feature this phone has in its music player, the way it groups music by tempo and beat. :D

    I loved Firefox especially once they did the add-on of making your own banners. I'm a sucker for that. Like the thing that most irritates me about my laptop isn't that it freezes a lot, is slow as a sloth or won't play Youtube in highres, but that because of windows 7 starter I can't change the desktop background! But anyway, once I caved for Chrome, I have really loved it. It's neat, quick and more userfriendly than Firefox. And integration with a Google account is such a joy...

    VastaaPoista
  3. Yeah, here's hoping. Tech usually loses sale value pretty quickly, so I'm hoping by the end of summer I can switch to a newer model.

    It also turns out, browsing Chrome security extensions at work, that Chrome has caught up to Firefox with regards to security and privacy, so I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.

    VastaaPoista
  4. :D fun night ahead then! Seriously, myself I can spend hours with updates and gimmicking. Like now I have this urge to do an alternative theme for this blog. In mint/pink/brown... I just need to make sure that this one is saved and to figure out how to add a second a theme with the same base but different colour-settings...

    VastaaPoista
  5. I too like setting things up to my specifications! Anything from computers and phones to desks, hotel rooms and file folders. Organizing is fun!

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit