Sorrowful little thing

Wait for me

Hani expresses my current mood pretty perfectly. And she also makes me want to eat cupcakes... Or anything sweet. I have to avoid going to the store since I'd just raid the candy-section. But I should stay strong! Valentine's Day already messed up my diet a bit, and I'm probably going to get pizza this weekend (won't let Darling go back on his word!) so I'll have to save the calories until then ;)



My mood-swings have gotten worse lately, I don't seem to have any sort of plateau or middle-way at all. I'm either really low where I'll think that I should just retreat to my own little corner and cut all connection to anywhere or I'm super-psyched and want to meet everyone and schedule meeting for ever day...

It's not too bad though, I don't have any trouble getting to work or something like that, although I'm constantly very low on morale and motivation. I also get things done at home, nothing too major, but at least snapping a few photos here and there or playing with the PS.

I'm constantly on the edge though, it now takes the smallest thing for me to flip to the other side. And this has made me quite snappish in the last few weeks. I try to keep it at bay, but I think those closest of me have had their share already. I just don't know what to do about it, but Ill have to figure a way out of this soon since it's using up all my energy...

Kommentit

  1. Mmm, pizza.

    Have you noticed any seasonal variation in your mood swings? It's a very dark and gloomy time of the year, at least I think so, so that might have some effect? And if so, maybe a bright light lamp might help.

    How about starting a hobby to deal with feeling edge-y? I mean something regular and physical, like boxing or squash etc. Exercise is good for the mood and works off frustration.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yeah the winter gloominess is not helping... I'd take up on your suggestion on getting a physical hobby, but I suck at every sport I know of and am too lazy to drag my ass off to anywhwre anyways. Snowboarding was fun (well, even this little time makes those memories golden) and around that time was the peak of my mood lately. Although I was hurting with every inch of my body, I was still smiling.

    Excersising the glooms out is a healthier option than eating it away though. I've done the latter most of my life, it's about time to kick that habit. :(

    VastaaPoista
  3. Ah, I hope you too find your lost motivation! ;w; It might be the season. <.<;

    My lows usually go away when I manage to make myself a project of some kind. First I have to force myself to do it, but after filling my whole head with plans about it, and obsessing about it I usually get excited and gloom goes away as I start to produce things. Maybe that would help you too?

    VastaaPoista
  4. Hmm, this is not so much about lack of motivation, but a more profound low mood. Actually I noticed that they go in two week periods. Every other week I'm hyper, then the next I feel down. I wouldn't want to call it a depression of any kind, since it doesn't fit the time spans or the severity (like I said, I can function normally on everyday work/chores).

    VastaaPoista
  5. Maybe it's connected to periods? :D Hormones can do wacky things.

    VastaaPoista
  6. ... trying to bottle in all the hate I have for blaiming everything on biology, I don't think that'd be it anyways, since, like I mentioned, this goes on in two-week periods. My biology is not that fucked-up.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit