Nyaruu ~

nyaruko

A new addiction collection has started! Nendos first arrived while I was collecting figures, but as I was already going overboard with my figure purchases, I wisely decided to keep away from the Nendoroids. They were damn cute though and they have gotten even cuter from those early days.



I have downsized my lot of figures a lot from the peak of my PVC collection after I switched over to resin. There're still a few more I want to get rid of and nothing new has really captured me anymore. I'm satisfied with the ones I'm going to keep and they work well together as well.

Although figures have amazing details and dynamic poses (although my only truly dynamic poser is Haruka), they are just decorations that are put onto shelf. I don't get much inspiration to take photos of them since after one shoot you can only really improve on lighting quality and such. The figure won't get any better. That's the thing I love about dolls! I can customise them endlessly. whenever I'm tired of one thing, I switch it to something new.

Now, Nendo's are somewhat in between these two extremes. They are ready-made, cheap PVC figures. But by switching their parts, you can always create something new. Especially once splits come into the picture. I've seen some amazing photos of Nendos on Flickr and the funniest stop-motion-videos on YouTube. Not that I'm going to be amazing with my Nendo when I get it, but at least I know there's something to go for :D

I was browsing through different Nendos when I came across Nyaruko. I mean, if the slogan for the figure is "Nyarlathotep - always bringing about chaos with a smile! ?", it can't go wrong, can it? I was a bit worried since she's so greyscaled, but in the end she just kept bugging in my mind for too long and I grabbed her from Amiami. She's now on her way, to await her master, Nigel.

Nigel is definitely a guy who has Nendos. And figures. Not Dollfie Dreams, though, he finds them a bit too overboard/childish. But a Haruhi-mug next to a Haruhi-Nendo? Never.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit