Looking back on 2012

Yuffie portraits

So on the treshold of 2013, it is the best time to look back on my year of dolls of 2012!

The biggest thing that happened: Yuffie arrived to me on February 7th. She was my weight-loss goal-doll and I made it! I had been eyeing Souseiseki ever since I noticed the first few on our local doll forum. But I thought it was beyond my reach: the doll was too big, too expensive and was a sold-out limited. But then I got my Lorina and noticed that SD weren't too big for me. It also wasn't too expensive anymore, since Valentine offered to pay half of it if I made my goal. And one was selling in my own country, so I snatched her up and don't regret it for one second! The above picture is from when I first got her, with her old face-up.



Portrait 121021

Above is what Yuffie looks like now. But to cap back, this is what I wrote at the beginning of 2012 about my plans and goals for this year:

Planned for 2012:
- MNF body
- another big girl
- tan Hati
- another Unoa FP, perhaps Ange Decadent

Other stuff from 2011:
- I've made progress in my photography and sewing
- I finished my photostory, mabe I'll continue it once there's light again
- I've found my size in dolls, and I know what works and what doesn't *knock on wood*
- I'll be needing more boxes for clothes since Manna has more clothes thatn me

And what really happened?

Dolls bought in 2012:

- Volks SD10 Souseiseki, making it the 'other big girl' ;)

- Little Monica Little Harmony Irin, it was supposed to fill in for the MNF body so I could get two full minis

- Little Monica Enrill, this was a previously unplanned doll that I don't regret! It just looked like Eiko could use a boyfriend, and I had fallen hard for Enrill, so I picked him to be Alex.

- Soom Super Gem Dia male, another spur of the moment boy. I had been thinking that Dia/Sard could make a nice SD!Nigel and once I noticed him on sale in their X-mas event (and Valentine was paying half of him as an X-mas present to me) I just grabbed him :D He hasn't arrived yet though...

Dolls sold in 2012:

- Little Monica Little Harmony Irin, it didn't work out. At first I just sold her head, since it was an extra to begin with. I used the body for Manna for a while, but I didn't like the body, then I didn't even like the size... So the body was sold a few months later.

- Unoa Lusis dozing mod, Éire. I loved the character, but I didn't do much at all with her. She stood out too much from my little pastel dolls. I hope that it'll work out better in SD size, since my other SDs have brighter colours on them.

- Unoa Lusis, Manna. In the end, I decided that minis aren't for me just now. I love all the clothing in that size, I love making clothes in that size, but no... The last straw was when I ordered SD!Nikki. They would again be of different size, so it was best to let Manna go and maybe start plannig for an SD!Manna...

Other things from 2012:

- well, the knock on wood from last year didn't really help... I got rid of my minis and found that SD is actually my favourite size to hold. I'll still have my teenies though, since they're too cute to get rid of. :3

- I tried to maintain my doll budjet by balancing my purchases with sells, I still need to work very much on selling though :D

- photostories were pretty much nonexistent this year and I don't think I'll be very active in that front in the future either. I'm planning on some stories involving my SDs though

2012 changes in photos:

26story20

The beginning of the end...  I wanted to do a nice little story arc in my  photostories, where Nikki confesses thathe actually has always had a crush on Manna, but can't really act on it, since he's trapped in a doll body of a small boy (he's actually the same age as Manna). I was already plannig on getting a new Nikki at this point. I was going to upgrade him into a mini, so that he and Manna could get each other and live happily ever after.

Nikki portrait 120218

I've waisted not just a few blog posts on ramblings on the faith of Nikki. I couldn't find any suitable mini sized boy sculpts that could work as a Nikki and that I really liked. But I did find that SD doll that worked :3

HaniBear

My Soom Bygg then became Hani. I really was just practicing a face-up on my Bygg when I thought of getting rid of tiny!Nikki. Soft and pink just looked natural on that pink Soom resin. In the end she got too cute ad I couldn't sell her :D

Manna Portrait

And since Manna now lost her boyfriend for good, there was no sense in keeping her either. Maybe they'll have each other some day, but don't hold your breath...

Irin as Nikki

Little Monica irin came for a spin here. Her body was meant for Manna/Éire and so the head was sold pretty quickly. But (read the getting-rid-of-minis-rant above) the body followed soon after.

soom pel

Alistair finally left the premises, to live on with Tiirikka. She's now Emilia and I had the honour to do her faceup :3

Eiko came back!

Eiko got also got her new face-up from Korone. It's breathtakingly beautiful! I hope I'll some day be even half that good at my face-ups. I'll practice, but that's just pure talent there...

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit