4 Lives

Bory, chained

This is just random RPG-babble, ignore if you will, or just stare @ Bory above :D

So this week, while I should be tapping the keyboard like crazy to get that final 12k words for my NaNoWriMo, I have 4 different RPG games to attend to. 4 different characters in 4 days. And as I was just thinking about this week, I noticed something funny! I can just slide from one character to the next! (While I of course turn to the world of LeBrant every occasion I get...)



Yesterday we had our nostalgic RuneQuest game, where I play Taffee the Trickster, a 16-year-old troublemaker. I had a blast, thanks to both our ooc humour and the complete inability of our characters to battle that is so characteristic of an RQ scenario. And I say nostalgic, not because these are characters we once used to play when we were still teens (they're not, we just made these last time for the first scenario), but it is the way of play we used to have. We don't have to take anything too seriously, just laugh it out and throw some dice, bicker about gaining EXP and watch as our characters are nearly dead after just one succesfull attack from an opponent. If there had just been pizza involved, it would have been Just-Like-the-Old-Times...

But back to subject, Taffee is bad-mouthed, greedy, jealous, egoistic and self-imporant. She basically has every sin possible :D But she's fun to play!

Almost like an adult version of her is Elyze Seabreezesdottern, the lvl 12 Swashbuckler I'm going to be playing as come Friday, when our D&D minicampaign continues. Playing that has involved pizza, points for that!, but not as hearty laughs as RQ gains. Nevertheless, the egoistic, greedy-as-hell pirate woman is a joy to play. She's a better fighter than Taffee, since she's older and more experienced. We haven't had any interaction with NPCs (since we just roam around a tower full of undead), but I'm pretty sure she'd be just a bit more experienced big-mouther than Taffee.

Come Saturday, I'll switch into an other kind of fighter. Despite having only half the levels of Elyze, Bory the Broody elf packs a better punch. There'll be some hackn'slashing! So Bory is kind of a socially-toned-down version of Elyze. He's not as broody as when I first started to play with him but he is many times as deadly :D Elyze has her six attacks per turn (dual weapons, three attacks), but Bory has his Greater Cleave that just literally cuts through packs of enemies.

Bory is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters to play, although at times I become frustrated with his plain stupidity. He's still very easy to play, and as I've said before, quite therapeutic. He's so straightforward, mostly very calm and simple. He basically has only one way of seeing things so I just have to switch on a everything-is-measured-by-monetary-worth-gear and I'm set.

He's still broody as hell though and very humourless. But not as humourless and serious as my character for Sunday, Dr. Logan Carr, the biotechnician working for CRS, the source of all evil.

Logan is not a fighter. She's smart as hell and has many things on her plate. She's complicated. But she's just as calm as Bory. So I just tone down the need to cut things in half, replace it with cold intellect and I'm ready to play her after Bory.

Kommentit

  1. Well, the week went well and I actually managed to keep on track with my Nano-project as well :D

    1. Taffee didn't die! Although she made plenty of new un-friends...
    2. Elyze didn't die! 2/4 of our adventurer party did though. But she gained Alex's neat sword and even neater hat! And she's got the healer with her, so it's going to be all right.
    3. Bory didn't die! He actually didn't even receive that much damage. The enchanter of his heart nearly died though, twice! He healed her with potions and gained a hug :3 And managed to tell her that he was going to do his best to be worthy of her. Awws all round! Or sneers, grins and snickers, if you ask the two other ladies in our party...
    4. Logan didn't get fired! She tried her best at scheming and being a proper CRS worker, but in the end, she might fall prey to her conscience. And she really needs to learn the name Frost, and fast or else she'll be stuck calling him Robert forever...

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit