Grail Item

MEME: Grail Item

I talked about this in my last BJD-post as well, but I'll now go into more detail, since I got tagged for this meme on Flickr.

"Grails" are a hard concept for me, since there really isn't much that I honestly couldn't get if I really wanted to. Souseiseki used to be my grail, but even her I got pretty quickly, despite my weight-loss goal that I had to achieve to have the permission to buy her.

But there's this one doll that really tickles my mind and is very hard to get, for many reasons :D It's Enaibi's Satyne.



First of all, they're not readily available and as I understand it, not many have been made. And each seems to be a unique piece. Only place where I know one could get Satyne is by going to LDoll convention in France, and they sell out pretty fast there... I also heard of the prices and although I appreciate the dolls (being artist cast and fullsets) I don't really feel that comfortable about throwing around 2000€ on an MSD. I could maybe justify it for a Williams, but... If the price would be around half of that, I could do it. But four-digit sums for a doll that size just makes me choke.

Second, I'd actually want the sweet-faced Satyne, in tan :D Which hasn't been made, in my knowledge. Of course, one might be made, at some point... There was a tan sour-face Satyne for sale at LDoll 2012. She's gorgeous as well, but if we're talking about a grail here... :3 I'll just go all out! The sweet face is just too cute <3

And third, I was going to give up on the MSD size altogether *headesk*. But I was arguing, that if I got rid of all the other MSDs, I could fit Satyne with my little dolls. Satyne would have been so out of scale with my Unoas (it would have bothered me to no end), but if she were the only one...

Well, this might just be the Grail that won't be achieved. A girl's got to have plans for if she wins the lottery, no?

Kommentit

  1. Hehe, it's good to set your bar high up - otherwise it wouldn't really be a grail, would it?
    But maybe one day Enaibi will be mass-producing her dolls or summat, like some of the other artists have done over time. :3

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yeah, one can always dream :D And there wouldn't be any real reason why she couldn't send her dolls be casted for example by Dollshe. Other artists are using him for professional casts, so... But thenagain Enaibi is the only one to do two-colour casting, so she'll probably still keep casting herself as well. But I'd just need that light tan Satyne... ;)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit