Ink on my skin

Purple Moth by Nikki Graham (NikkiGraham) on 500px.com
Purple Moth by Nikki Graham

Well, I wish... Getting a tattoo is on my bucket list, and has been there for some time. But it seems that everyone that knows me is against me getting a tattoo :D Valentine is against tattoos in general (they look stupid, are a waste of money etc.) and my parents and siblings are doubtful I could get one because of my dislike of being poked with needles (and pain in general).

Myself, I want to be sure what I'd want as a tattoo design first, since well, you can't really go back to redo it if you change your mind afterwards :D So I'm going with that excuse for not having a tattoo yet.

Most of the time I've wanted a tattoo of a butterfly. I dunno why, I don't particularly like the little insects although I find them pretty. But I've wanted a swallowtail (ritariperhonen) on my shoulderblade or upperthigh, although at times I want a small tortoishell (nokkosperhonen) instead. Both of them have a nice pattern, but I don't like the coloring of either (as a tattoo for myself, they're pretty in nature, I'm just not a yellow or orange type of person...). I've also entertained the idea of getting a small brimstone butterfly (sitruunaperhonen) to my lower back if I ever get a child (to the spot where they put the epidural, you know).



But I sorta also like the idea of getting a very stylized red spiral, as a symbol of Fyrd. That I'd get on my shoulder, shoulderblade or on the front of the shoulder (next to the collarbone). This I'd be a bit more confident on getting, actually, because c'mon! How could a tattoo artist mess up a spiral? A butterfly though.. It could be a disaster if it's not totally symmetrical or the colors aren't blended enough or... You get the picture.

So a few nights ago, I had a dream where my Dream-Self went to get a tattoo. She asked for a swallowtail on her thigh. It was supposed to be as big as my hand, and in purplish tones. Well, I've watched some tattoo-tv-shows and I thought that they all did a sketch of the tattoo beforehand so that the customer could say if it was in the right place and the right size and so forth. Well, this tattoo-artist just started needling, freehand. He first draw the black line of the torso and then started to scetch the wings with swishy lines of purples and reds. Having almost finished he then asked me if I wanted somethign changed and the ink would take some 20seconds to set and this was the time-frame to make any changes that I wanted. (XD @ my dreams at this point!)

So I was devastated! The wings weren't wide enough for my liking and the result was more red than I wanted, since I had wanted to go with mostly black/purple (Other-Me is apparently more emo than me...). So I quickly tried to google an image of a butterfly that'd be closer to what I wanted.

And what Google gave me, was this very, very odd purple butterfly... I think it was a moth of some kind, the wings were very oblong. It was dark purple, but the lower set of wings had light yellow 'eye-like' shapes (a large light yellow ring with a black circle in the center, so it could look like an owl's eye). The body was thick black and hairy. I remember that I found a picture where this butterfly was wet (it was climbing out of water or something) and the hair on it's body was dripping and it looked like it had emo-hair :3

Ok, I don't want a weird purple emo-moth on my thigh but maybe I should give a purplish large butterfly another thought?

(I actually blame Darling for this dream, because it's not too long ago that we discussed tattoos. I'm also very envious of him for getting such a cool idea of a tattoo for himself! *pout*)

Kommentit

  1. Hey, no pouting! I'm totally not responsible for whatever dreams I cause for anyone. *wicked grin*

    Though, causing naughty dreams is more the purview of my pseudonym. :P

    VastaaPoista
  2. This was _not_ a naughty dream, you perv! XD The guy just put a bunch of needles on my thigh... That's not cheating, is it?

    VastaaPoista
  3. Well, there's a guy poking you with an object that's longer than it is wide.. Freud would consider that phallic. :D

    Don't worry, dreams aren't cheating at all. :)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit