Happy Unbirthday! To You! And for Me!

Maskerade Rosen

When did I last throw a party? Damn, it must have been ages... I can vaguely remember having some people over here at New Year's 2010-2011? Well, anyways about time I did have people over here, no?

I'm a sucker for theme-parties... I've already had a Marie Antoinette shoes-and-cupcakes party (wow, that must have been 2009!) and this year it was an Unbirthday Party :D I'm getting too old to have a real birthday, I simply do not want a card with my age printed on it, but as the Hatter said: "there are 364 Unbirthdays!" So there's always room for a party.

All my dolls were dressed in their frilliest outfits, Manna being my Alice (again), Éire in her cheshire outfit (also, again) and the rest... Just plain cute! Myself, I was of course the Hatter. Damn, I regret that no pictures were taken, since that outfit would have been nice to remember later on...



Maskerade Rosen

We of course had cake, but these cakes were lies, lies I say! Honestly, neither one was actually a cake XD The other was a mash of white chocolate, rise crispies, fudge and jelly beans, wrapped in sugar frosting. The other had looked very neat when Jamie Oliver did it, but our pancake/chocolate/whipped cream tower was a Pisa from the start... Both were good though, can't deny that.

Darling won the Movie theme quiz (it was Valentine's thing, he always has these quizzes at his parties, and I think they're fun too!) as Tiirikka and Dark were playing Clash of Heroes well into the night. Add a sauna to the mix and I hope everyone had a good time, and not just saying so in their FB status updates ;)

Maskerade Rosen

I must admit something though. First, I honestly did have a good time with my dearest friends, I see Vanilla too rarely these days... I actually had thought up a toast to make to them, but forgot all about it... But, even though I was excited to throw a party, I got the party-anxiety blues again a few days before. I always have this, I dunno why. I have the feeling that no one actually would want to come and they're just doing it out of obligation or something. It's really unfair to think like this, I know, what else could I ask of my friends but to come over...

Oh, and finally took some pictures with this mask prop I got from Venice last year. It was a brooch that I instantly thought would be the perfect size for my little ones. I was right!

Kommentit

  1. No form of blues is in any way reasonable, so I won't state that you're being silly. But rest assured, we like you and enjoy your company, in parties and in general. People don't generally fake things like that, not outside soap operas and other fiction.

    And besides, even if we did come to your party "just" because we were invited and felt obligated to come, well that's how society works. I can admit I'm not always 100 % motivated for our games (whether I'm a player or a game master), but being human is working with others - which sometimes means doing stuff when we'd rather do some other stuff.

    Don't get me wrong, when I don't feel like roleplaying, it's just because I'd feel like hanging in my flat in my boxers and listening to heavy metal. :P No deeper antipathies there. But you get my drift, I hope? We do what our friends want us to do because they are our friends, and you put your friends first.

    What's more, you're delightful company. <3

    VastaaPoista
  2. I really do love you, Darling, you that right?

    And we should totally do a game in our boxers listening to heavy metal :P

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit