They Doubled :)

The Frufru and the Cool

And then there were two :) I got my Unoa kit in summer 2010 and the other FP has been waiting for a body ever since. Other dolls have been bought and sold before I finally bought it. The body I finally chose was Little Monica's Little Harmony doll. I saw the pictures of the only just released Little Harmony Irin and I fell hard for the body. They showed wonderful range of poses and beautiful sculpting so I went for it!



comparison 1

Well, the bad news is, the resin doesn't match at all XD The Little Monica resin is much pinker. It's closer to my newer Soom NS than any other I have here (which is older Soom, Volks and Unoa, all peachy cream toned). The body is a bit shorter, it has shorter legs than Unoa. Although the measurements show that LM has about 1cm wider chest and hip circumference than Unoa, and 1cm thinner waist, it doesn't much show live. They are actually quite well proportioned in my opinion.

comparison 2

Resin match in a different light.

comparison 3

Hands. Both look wonderful in their own way. I was a bit hesitant about the LM hands from the company photos, but they are actually more delicate than I thought. Once I get them blushed and manicured...

And now to the hybrid:

hybrid 1

Again, resin needs blushing to match well. I have a 1.5 FP and Buff headback here. Since the headback was made for Chibi Unoas, it doesn't grip to the FP like the 1.5 headback would, hence the blue tack.

I didn't do any modding here. I just took off Irin's head, put the headback on with the same ring that held Irin's head, and then inserted the FP. The head has good movement except to the back. The head cannot tilt back at all. I don't know whether it's because the neck is a bit thick at the top, sanding might help?

But the body has such a wide range of poses (at least compared to the Unoa body!) and seems very functional otherwise:

hybrid 2

And then I took some shots of the blank Irin head. Atm i have no use for it... Perhaps I'll try a few face-ups on her or just sell it blank.

irin1
irin2
irin3

Kommentit

  1. Thank you SO much for this comparison! I actually found my way here through google XD; what a coincidence!

    The little harmony hands are not to my liking, so I'll have to think about this a little further... Ah it has rekindled my interest in Unoas, though...

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yes the hands were were my least favourite part of the body as well...

    Have you tried looking at DreamingDoll's minis yet? They have the prettiest tummy I've seen on a mini, and seemed more delicate than the LM all around. They didn't have a head I liked though, and LM showed more range in posing so I went with LM.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Yeah the body of Dreaming doll looks really nice, but I agree with you the heads are a bit.. I don't know what the correct word would be, but just 'not my type' >3<;;
    Maybe it's time to start thinking about hybrids... Or just give up the mini line altogether, as each time I give it a shot it gives me nothing but headache. Thanks for your help!

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit