Nikki Ver. 2

nikkiver2_boxopening_01

 

Bygg is one of my 'grail' dolls and now he's here! Mostly the face looks startled or confused but my goal is to turn him into my grumpy little Nikki.



First: a little light blushing to define the face:

nikkiver2_faceup_01

 

Then I painted the brows and lashes, also gave the mouth more blushing:

 

nikkiver2_faceup_01

nikkiver2_faceup_01

 

Then some heavy black blushing around the eyes for those nights he stayed awake watching anime:

 

nikkiver2_faceup_01

 

At this point I tested the face-up with the eyes and wig and the blushing was way too light. So, more blushing, beautyspots, white little teeth and finally gloss:

 

nikkiver2_faceup_01

 

Better view of the teeth, I love dolls with open mouths (only Ali has a closed mouth, actually)!

 

nikkiver2_faceup_01

 

I still think the blushing is a bit too soft compared to his stark black wig... Also the brows could be a bit angrier... But perhaps Nikki has vented his anger issues ;) Here he is with eyes:

 

nikkiver2_faceup_07

nikkiver2_faceup_07

nikkiver2_faceup_07

 

 

 

And here he is all grumpy :)

 

Nikki ver. 2

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit