They Multiply

crew082010_02

When I first found out about BJDs and eventually decided I wanted (at least) one, I was a bit concerned if I could 'love' several of them. I was on the other hand a bit envious of those hobbyists who had dozens of resin kids and on the other hand I was puzzled how they could manage so many. I know that objects cannot feel envious or abandoned but I didn't want to get a doll that I woudn't spend time with as then it wouldn't really be worth the money.... So I'm very picky about my dolls. Only if I just can't say no to it, then I get it, that's my motto. There were many dolls I looked at when searching for that first one that looked good, even very good, even I-want-that-good, but after a while I found something that icked me.



Then I came across Soom Sweet and he stole my heart! The gentle little smile when so many of the dolls I looked at were very melancholy, the shape of the eyes, the little nose... He wouldn't fit any character of any of my stories, but I had to have him. Eventualy he arrived and was just perfect, even with the flaws that he actually had. The pupiless eyes and pink hair was actually a fluke (of which I think I've told before) but it stuck with him. And a story began to unfold with him. Actually even while I was waiting on Hippu, I noted Pipos' White Queen who I fell in love with but didn't have-to-get. White Queen's face though irked in me a character who was a bit of an outcast and a stranger. She was the first Nuu-like character I thought of. I didn't get White Queen, but after that I was looking for a doll to be that character.

Then Soom released Afi and Ai. The white fawn girl with her enormous eyes and I-don't-know-anything-look just fit the character perfectly. And evolved it. The character now included also a faun version of the 'strange girl' and she became really known as Nuu. I got her pretty soon after Hippu had arrived but I never doubted I couldn't handle two dolls. They were so different, Hippu was the colourful personality, the happy-go-round always cheering me up. Nuu was very fragile mostly looked very sad and you-have-to-comfort-me although from certain angles she has that shyiest of smiles.

Even though I was quite happy with Yo-SD/Petite size, I fell for Unoas next. Audrye's character had been through many doll forms in my head. At first I wanted her to be Leeke's Mabel, with green eyes / red hair and called Éire. She was to be a Irish druid version of Audrye and a very sweet girl. I didn't like Leeke's MSD body though and was looking to hybridize her. Then I just thought that that color combo was just too Fyrd and should be reserved for him. My love for Mabel also subsided and came to be looking for an other candidate. For either Audrye or Fyrd. Then I found Lusis. I actually found a face-plate that had a mischievous look to her and I realised that with a proper face-up she could pull off that fyrdish look. But I also loved the sweet Lusis-look. and decided that she could be Audrye, now named Manna. In the end I kept both Aydrye's and Fyrd's looks pretty much default, they are just named 'wrong'.

I wasn't too concerned to bond with Manna either, since she would be of a different size than my other two. And there's still no problems. I like to play araund with her since I love her jointing but I tend to pick up either of the smaller ones to sit with me on the couch if I'm watching TV or something. And it's still so easy to take pics of the smaller ones as they don't need so much good background as Manna does. My only problem is that Éire came at the same time. Since she doesn't have a body of her own, I have to switch her around with Manna if I want to look at her. But at the moment it is not that hard, since Manna is almost 'complete' and Éire most definitely isn't. As she doesn't have her clothes, eyes, wig or anything yet, I'm not that tempted to photograph her anyways... Even though I put her in my database in Hartsilapset (the Finnish forum for BJDs) I don't really consider myself having four dolls atm.

crew082010_01

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit