Surrounded By Old

memories01

This week we went and got stranded on a small island in local archipelago where Valentine's friend's family has a summer cabin. On hindsight it was probably for the best that nobody told me about it being surrounded by sea until we got to the shore and was handed a life jacket. well, technically it was mentioned in the car, but the point went through then. If you didn't already know, I'm quite terrified by seas, lakes and practically any water that I can't see the bottom of. There could be anything! so far Valentine has gotten me to go swim in both the Atlantic (when we went to Miami) and Indian (at Mauritius) Ocean only because the water was very shallow and clear so I could see what there was. The Baltic Sea, on the other hand, is as murky as it can get and there's no way I'll touch it. Well, I survived the trip there (and so did Valentine's hand which is quite a miracle judging from how hard I squeezed it during the ride) and we arrived at this quite... rural cottage. It was an old log building with a wood heated sauna, no running water but electricity and actually HSDPA network, which allowed us to keep some contact to civilized world ;)



Well, I of course brought Hippu with me since it was a chance to take some nice sunny outdoors pictures of him. It would have been, except it rained the whole first day and then next day, when the sun came out, the wind blew so hard that I couldn't risk trying to make him stand outside. It actually blew so hard that we really got stranded there as we didn't dare try cross back with the small boat until the wind calmed down. That meant that we had to stay the whole other day and night there as well and only leave early Sunday morning when it was forecasted to calm down a bit. It wasn't too bad as such, we just almost ran out of food. A little creativity made everything better though. Well, as the boys took another round at the sauna I took Hippu out of his pillowcase and after judging the outdoors too dangerous took some pics in the old surroundings.

memories02

All the pics have been edited to look like old pictures (although there isn't any noise in the last two). And on a very bright note, there isn't anything wrong with his eyes after all. It had been looking like the pigment in his other eye had been wearing out (how, I couldn't say since its inside the bloody silicone) but after I cleaned his eyes again, they cleared out, so now I don't have to buy him new eyes after all! I intend to buy him new mint colored eyes anyway, but now I don't have to replace the pink ones.

memories03

I just love this pose, so I use it quite a lot in my shoots. He is such an adorable little creature!

Well, we made it home eventually in one piece as you can guess. Now Hippu is waiting on his shelf for Nuu to come back from her face-up artist. She should be done this weekend and I expect to get her home next week. The preview pics I got of her hooves and hand look very promising! Also, Manna is now on a longer way home. She's been ordered, but I won't pay until next week. and then it will take at least 'till August for her to arrive (which is actually good so I can pay her off and get the money for her custom duties). Her eyes should be here by the end of this month and then I'll just have to order some clothes for her so she won't be naked from the start. And actually Éire might be coming alongside her as well! There's a promotion that every Unoa girl order will receive the dozing faceplate as well. Then she'll just need some modding and a body. So she might also be here this year which might make me delay getting Alistair (an Asleep eidolon Lemon girl).... I'm also dreading for every Soom tiny release and drooling after second hand Byggs, but I might be able to just say no.

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit