Teenie no.6

First of Rigel 01

I now have as many Teenies as I originally planned to get dolls altogether... How did this happen?? Well, because Teenies are addictive. Stay away from them if you want to keep your wallet! :D

Anyway, meet Rigel, the newest addition, a human CW Skoll the Chess. I splitted the horns and the chess piece for myself from the option parts and I'm liking the looks of these horns. They won't stay on with only the default magnets though, since the fur wig is so thick. I have an extra pair of magnets these between the head and the wig, so that the strength is enough to keep these from falling.

First of Rigel 02

No actual box opening photos, since I don't really like doing those. I just open up the package :D I have to say though that at first I was pretty astounded having found an MSD sized box within the shipping box. I thought they had sent me some Little Gem by accident :D But they apparently hadn't wanted to squeeze all the extras into a TG box, so they had taken a bigger one. I got the body in a default Soom pillow, then all the limited parts, wolf parts and the head in separate bubble wrapping.

To my surprise, the head was the original Skoll head, with the wolf ears. I had thought that the Chess version would have been a human head, but since they did offer the wolf parts as well, I guess it makes sense. It's just weird that one could have bought a NS wolfy Skoll, the exact same as the original MD, when Soom has been so adamant on not releasing the same thing twice. Well, the ears don't matter much to me, Rigel is not a full human abyway (horns, duh) and the wig covers them up anyway.

This was also my first contact with the newest Soom Teenie body. The doll came with loads of magnets, for the horns, wings, tail and the dreaded back plugs. I hate glueing in magnets, since I always fear they might go in the wrong way. And how the magnets just don't like to be kept apart at all... But I got the plugs in, and the horns on the way I wanted. But the back plugs weren't the 0nly new thing. I now own Teenies with three different kind of elbows :D I have the original single joint (not much range in movement), then the double joint (hate it, they just twist around) and the newest single joint, that seems to be working quite nicely. It has a new locking mechanism to keep the arm straight, but it can also easily bend enough for the hands to touch the doll's face. Can't hold the arm at 90 degree though, at least without sueding.

The face-up I did today and I'm quite pleased with it. I had all these ideas for the harlequin markings, but decided to go with the simplest design in the end, in fear of ruining an otherwise very nice face-up. Sometimes less can be more, right? The sculpt itself was very pleasant to blush. I can easily see how many different things could be done with Hati/Skoll, from grumpy, to cheeky (like Rigel miht have turned out to be) to sweet. This sculpt might have just gotten into my top3 Soom sculpts, with Bygg and Ai. I love Sweet, don't get me wrong, but the profile with the quirky nose takes away points... :P All the other three look very nice from all angles. Now I have to watch out so that I won't fall for multiple Skolls X(

Kommentit

  1. Ohhhh you did an amazing work with the face up!! I love Skoll too, but I think he's third in my list, after Beyla and Afi. I love the harlequin marks, and how they are one side red and the other black.
    I like box openings but I guess this is better, pretty pretty pictures X)
    I didn't know they made a new teenie gem body? I didn't see any notice o.o
    You could do a comparison someday maybe with poses and such :D! Just a thought XD

    VastaaPoista
  2. Hee hee, welcome to the Teenie hoarding club! ;)
    Rigel turned out perfect! That wig and all go so well together. And loving the face-up! You're right, less is more. The harlequin-theme is so "flashy" in itself that it's just good taste to keep it simple and sophisticated. And I think simple works best so that the lovely sculpt doesn't get hidden by too much paint and blushing. (eee that little upside down turned heart~ Wonderful~ x3 )

    I think out of all the Teenie bodies this new one is the best yet. Thand goodness they got rid of those irritating double-jointed elbows! My Yrie/Glot has them and they really are a pain...

    Looking at Rigel I'm getting really excited about my Skoll Schadenfreude. I think he should have a little smirk since it would suit his name. The sculpts that are good for a lot of different expressions are the best~

    VastaaPoista
  3. I'll take a comparison under consideration, but it'll have to wait until I have some actual light. I think I heard about Soom redesigning the elbow at some point, but I had forgotten about it until I got my Skoll. At first I thought that they had just shipped him with the oldest body, since that was what they originally came with, but the elbow is definitely different from my Sweet and Ai.
    And our top3 seems to be pretty much the same :D Bygg/Beyla is my favourite, then Ai, but Skoll is very close as third.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Skolls can definitely pull off a smirk :3 I'm looking forward to finding out what you'll settle on for your Skoll's face-up, since you've switched pans on other styling. He definitely needs a nickname though, I'm sure I won't be getting that name right even after dozen attempts (not ever having learned German, those words do not stick easily with me...). If Freddie is too murderous, then Schad? Chad? Hayden? Smirky? :P

    The upside down heart was the one thing that stayed from the extravagant ideas. I have a sweet little heart on Hani's cheek, so I wanted to show that Rigel is something different. I was thinking of a teardrop shape with the black side, but nah, tears aren't his thing... And a heart on his nose was a bit too much hearts, and since he is already so red, a red dot would have been too much as well. So simple stripes it was.

    I do love how the wigs looks even better on Skoll than on Ai, since his head is more round. Ai has one of the smallest faces/heads of Soomling I know of. Taco is on the smaller side as well, but Ai has tinier features. Skoll on the other hand is very chubby, with lovely parted full lips. That mouth is something sooo cute!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Haha, yeah, I'll come up with a nickname for him. ;)
    Kind of liking the sound of Chad~

    VastaaPoista
  6. He is adoable, i love how you have styled him, love the face marks. the teenies really are adictive,

    VastaaPoista
  7. Thanks, Teenies really are :) I know I could still use a few more, in tan!

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit