Let's play TAG!

Oldrose -Redo-
Hippu has evolved quite a bit from early days...


I got tagged by Velvet to answer a few questions about my doll hobby.

Who was your first doll? Do you still own him, her, or it? - It was Hippu and yes, I still have him. I'll never let him go. I just recently found out that Soom has discontinued the Sweet/Violet sculpt altogether so now my little darling is even more rare than he was before being trampled by all those Soom MDs. This saddens me so much :( I love these older Soom Teenie sculpts, but they are now fading away one by one...

Who is your favorite doll? - Gah! This is hard one! All of my dolls have some special quality that make them a favourite. Hippu as a first, Nuu for being so darn cute, Alex for being so grumpy, Fyrd for being a god, Nigel for being that beloved hacker character, Eiko for being first SD, Yuffie for being so mischievous (and Valentine's favourite), Hani for being so lost and tooth-corroding, Milki for being grey. Oh, I was supposed to just pick one? I can't.

Which doll do you hope or plan to buy next? - As I've written before, some tan doll or another. It might be a tan LM Chloe or a tan human Hati from Soom. Or something from between.

Quick! You’ve instantly got $800 and must choose a doll to spend it on right now or it’s gone forever! Who do you pick? - Gyaa! Since the money won't be enough for a Volks Charlotte, I'll go for a Little Monica... Roselyn! Sigh, that was hard... Giselle would have been cute as well, but now that I've seen some owner photos of her, she might not have that certain something that I am looking for.

Quick! You’ve instantly got enough money for any one and must choose a doll to spend it on right now or it’s gone forever, but this time you have to buy the doll for someone else! Who gets the dolly, and what do you get them? - This is way easier :D I'd get that LM Chloe for Deary :3 There just cannot be enough LM dolls around.

Are you currently waiting on any dolls, heads, or bodies? - No.

Red bedhead
Rraawr. I adore you!


Do any of your dolls seem to like you to the point that they are infatuated with you? Do any of your dolls seem to dislike or even hate you? - As in just character-talk, Hippu and Fyrd really like me. At least their faces look smiley XD Nuu and Hani are too shy to be infatuated, and Yuf is way too smug. None of them really hate me, although Alex sometimes gives me these looks... of discontempt. And he really doesn't like to move the way I want him him to move. But it comes down to him not being able to do those poses, so let's not be too hard on him.

How many characters do you have in your story (if there is a story)? - Well I have a few storylines. The only one which has been shared with the public doll-world currently only has two dolls left (Hippu and Nuu). But Hani and Milki might be part of that story, if I ever decide to continue it. On the SD side, four dolls share at least some points of story. Mainly it's about Eiko/Yuffie/Alex, but Nigel actually has a connection to them through both Alex (Nigel's best friend's nephew) and Yuffie (rival and oh-so-hated hacker-girl). Fyrd is very muhc on his own, although I can always make him troll around everywhere XD No, actually, he also has a connection to the SD story, now that I think about it. Although there he is mainly a very peculiar red-headed sorcerer involved through Nigel. (Or maybe he isn't just a sorcerer after all, mwahahha!)

Who’s your most expensive doll at the time you purchased them, not counting items you bought separately for them? - Eiko. But that is all the taxes and shipping included. If I cut those out, then Yuffie might just beat her by a few dozen euros.

Spunky Milki
I punched my way straight to your heart!


Which doll had the shortest wait so far? - Both Yuf and Milki came to me super-quickly, on account on me buying them secondhand from within Finland. They only took a few days to get here.

Who’s the biggest doll you own? - Nigel. The SG male body is a few cm taller than the LM boy.

Got any floating heads? If yes, how likely are they to receive bodies anytime soon? - I don't know if Other-Nuu really counts? It is meant to be an alternate head for Nuu, after all, and not a character on its own.

Got any floating bodies? - No.

Do you have any extra, unclaimed pairs of eyes? How many if so? - *cough* a... few? Is anyone going to buy that? No. Even at this moment I have at least four extra pairs, mostly so that I have some eyes to put into face-upped heads without having to gauge eyes out of my own dolls. then there are the half dozen pairs currently on sale... Or maybe more ;__;

Do you have any extra, unclaimed wigs? How many if so? - *coughcoughcough* ... Let's see... Yuffie has two extra wigs, as does Fyrd. And Hani. Eiko has one alternate wig. So that's seven, right? Then there are only the ten more wigs I have for sale...

Finally Outside!
This one is still one of the most favourited pictures of Eiko.


Anything you’ve said “never” to in the hobby that you later gave in to? - Yeah XD Although at first I was going to get an SD girl as my first, then after getting Teenies I said I was never going to go bigger than MSD. But then I first got a few SD girls and then a few SD boys.

Do you own dolls that aren’t BJDs? - No. Never been into Blythe/Pullip and I don't think they'll ever get to me. I love seeing nice Monster High customs, but I don't need any of those as decorations either. I have my figures as decorations as it is. Oh, do figures count? Or Nendos? If so, then yes.

What was your last doll-related purchase? - Vings eyes for Nigel. No, it wasn't.. I forgot I just ordered some new clothes for Fyrd from Taobao... Damn these doll-orders just creep up on me!

What do you expect your next doll-related purchase to be? - I expect it to be urethane eyes from Mako. It'll probably be some out-of-the-blue tan doll though. Or wigs. Those always get me.

What was the last doll related thing to arrive to you by mail? - Mako eyes that I got a bunch of.

I tip my hat to you 4
He smiled only briefly at my house.


What was the last doll related thing you purchased in person? - Volks Kun that I have since sold. I do my shopping online mostly, so I don't do much in-person shopping. But in Japan I visited a few Volks stores, getting aforementioned Kun and a pair of extra hands for yuffie (although it's eiko who ended up using them).

Okay, confess a secret about your BJDs that nobody knows about!! - I'm not actually one to keep secrets. Or tell the ones that I have :D I have already confessed about my doll-expenses-excel but I quess I could then confess that since I recently updated that said excel (rearranged things to be found a bit more easily) I was faced with the truth that I currently own doll-stuff for over 9000 euros... Took my breath away for a while, that did. Well, I'm not really that much in the red in my ledger, since I have made money by selling self-made clothes and face-ups, but it's still a very hefty sum!

Thanks again to Velvet for tagging me! On my part, I'll tag Dear and Sugar. And on the slim chance that they are reading: Alice and Mizya.

Kommentit

  1. I'm so happy that you took the time and did this~ It was fun to read your answers!

    I'm also really saddened that Soom has discontinued Sweet/Violet. :c In retrospect, a Violet would have been really cute to own. Or a Sweet. But, I'm glad that you have Hippu and now he's even more precious than before!

    Wow, a Little Monica Roselyn... the lips, right? :) Giselle would also be so cool~ Looking at her, I think the sculpt has something a bit similar to Crobidoll Lance that I'm getting.
    Ah, all this talk about LM dolls makes me really want to get one... I've already decided to get a body for the Lance head from LM, but I keep wondering if I should go ahead and order a whole doll so that they could share the body. Or just get the body alone... hmm..

    Eiko is such a sweetheart in that photo~ <3

    VastaaPoista
  2. Hippu will keet the Sweet/Violet flag flying! :D

    I've never really gotten fully over my infatuation to Roselyn, although in the end she might not be that perfect Audrey-doll. And yes, I was first drawn to Roselyn by her lips :3 And her slightly larger eyes. What I'd really want, is a Sophia with Roselyn's mouth XD Or an Unoa Zero Latea with fuller lips...

    Giselle is cute, but now that I've seen owner photos, my feelings are getting a bit colder towards that doll. I thing her eyes are a bit too droopy or something. She somehow reminds me of Volks Luna, although Luna is still way more stylized.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit